Bidding Rules - 2018 Palm Beach County Tax Lien Auction
If you are new to Realauction tax lien auction websites, we recommend you proceed in the following fashion:
- If you are not completely familiar with the statutes governing tax liens in this state, read the “Tax Certificate Process” document located on the Realauction website. It is a plain English summary of the law which will take only minutes to read.
- Remember the purchase of a certificate does not convey title to the land.
- While purchasing tax certificates is generally a good investment, there is some risk. Understand the risks and employ the “buyer beware” philosophy.
- Each new bidder is required to create a User Name and Password as part of the process.
- Make sure all account information is correct and up-to-date when registering.
- Acknowledge and agree to adherence to the site rules and policies.
- In order for your bids to be considered, a qualifying wire deposit equal to 10% of your estimated winnings or a minimum of $5,000.00, whichever is greater, must be deposited with the Palm Beach County Tax Collector's office by 4:00 PM ET on Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018.
- Failure to meet the deposit requirements in the time provided, will affect your ability to participate in the sale.
- You may bid on as many auction items as you wish; your deposit limits how much you can win. When your deposit reaches $0, all bids from that point forward are ignored.
- The 10% deposit rule in the Palm Beach County allows you to win 10 times the deposit amount entered.
- IF the Minimum Deposit Amount entered exceeds 10% of your estimated winnings, it is recommended that you utilize the "Batch Limit" tool provided on the Batch Summary Screen to limit your winnings accordingly.
- All bids placed, whether intentional or not, are the responsibility of the bidder.
- As a batch closes, you may see the results for that batch by clicking “Results” on the website menu. Click the “Sold To” link on the auction results page to display all bids on that item along with other useful information.
- After viewing results, you may change your bids in any open batch.
- At the close of the auction, if you are a successful bidder, wire payment for your auction balance will be due by Friday, June 1st, 2018, 2:00 PM.
- Payment for certificates won will be accepted via wire funds only. It is the bidder's responsibility to ensure wire transfers are transmitted with sufficient time to arrive at the Palm Beach County Tax Collector's office in the time specified.
- Tax Certificates shall be issued after receipt of funds at the Palm Beach County Tax Collector's office.
Review the Summary of Important Dates and Information below
Summary of Important Dates and Information
|Allow foreign bidder registrations||Yes|
|Single simultaneous bidder rule||No|
|Bidding style||Proxy Bid Auction|
|0% bids use proxy system||No|
|Automatic certificate rollup / rollup fee||No||$0.00|
|Auction Dates and Times|
|Registration begins (site opens)**||05/09/2018 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Deposits or budgets begin||05/09/2018 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Bidding begins||05/09/2018 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Deposits (or budgets) end||05/22/2018 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Registrations end||04/10/2019 at 4:00 PM ET|
|First batch closes||05/30/2018 at 9:00 AM ET|
|Batch closing interval||60 Minutes|
|Last batch closes (auction ends)||05/30/2018 at 2:00 PM ET|
|Payment due date||06/01/2018 at 2:00 PM ET|
|Budget, Deposit and Payment Information|
|Deposit or Budget required (% of estimated winnings)||10%|
|Minimum deposit amount||$5,000.00|
|Deposit / Payment types acceptable:||Deposits||Payments|
|ACH auto-debit final payment||---||No|
|Redemption available via ACH||Yes|
|Public computers available at:||Public Library|
|** Subject to change. The site will open when approved by the County.|
For an explanation of any of the terms above, please visit the FAQs.
Tooltip Help Management
Disable tooltips just for this page.
Disable tooltips site-wide.